eSPARC tailors case-by-case air, water, waste, and permitting strategies to meet your environmental needs. We provide expert regulatory interpretations to prepare your business for upcoming policy changes. Click on a project to learn more.
- Redevelopment: filed Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) applications with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for criteria pollutants and with Region 6 of the Environmental Protection Agency for GHG.
Blackhawk Power Station- Borger, Texas
- Air Permitting Strategy: worked closely with plant engineers to design the best permitting option to authorize the implementation of wet compression at the Blackhawk cogeneration facility. eSPARC reviewed all operational changes due to the proposed upgrade, carefully evaluated the impact on air pollutant authorized emission rates, and prepared a recommended strategy for air permitting.
- Turbine Upgrade: designed a strategy to permit a turbine upgrade project for the facility combustion turbine generators to avoid triggering PSD permitting requirements.
- NMED DP-1620: filed a Ground Water Discharge Permit Renewal Application with the New Mexico Environment Department. This required close interface with the plant manager and environment staff in order to capture all the operational considerations related to this renewal application.
Power Generation Facilities- Texas
- Maintenance, Startup and Shutdown: assisted several power generation facilities in the development of emission calculations, emission tracking workbooks, and on-call support for the implementation of Maintenance, Startup and Shutdown (MSS) emissions requirements in Texas.
- TPDES Renewal Applications: prepared all the required application forms, addressed new requirements, and coordinated the required laboratory sampling and analysis, and updated the facility area map and plot plan. We assisted the site with the public notice process and coordinated a detailed review of the draft permit with management and operations staff.
- SWPPP: prepared revision of the facility Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) in order to meet the Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) requirements pursuant to Section 402 of the Clean Water Act.
- NPDES Renewal Application: provided support to renew the EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- Completed multiple SPCC plan 5-year reviews and certifications by a licensed Professional Engineer.